2 January 2012

24 weeks

First of all... HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

2011 was a fantastic year for me in which I adopted our fur-son, Gumby, became a US resident, survived Hurricane Irene, found out that we were expecting , celebrated  a quarter century of life, spent our 1 year wedding anniversary in the exact spot we were married, moved to a bigger apartment and travelled back home to South Africa for Christmas for the first time in 7 years. I feel so greatful for such a wonderful year and I just know that 2012 is going to be a fabulous!
Today we are flying back to New York from South Africa but I wanted to post a pregnancy update since I have missed the last couple of weeks.


This photo was taken at the top of Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa

How far along? 24 weeks, 3 days 
Maternity clothes? Maternity jeans, leggings and a borrowed pair of maternity shorts have been my uniform for the last 2 weeks. My old tops and some dresses seem to still fit.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: It has been very hot and sticky on the South Coast of South Africa so without a fan sleep is almost impossible.
Best moment this week: Being at home with my family, getting to spend Christmas with them and then travelling around Cape Town (where my sister lives)
Miss Anything? My mattress back in NY, feet that don't swell and being able to hike without almost having a heart attack.
Movement: So much has happened in the past 3 weeks! Movements got a lot stronger and frequent and my husband finally felt the baby move. On Christmas day I was able to see my belly moving from the outside.
Food cravings: I have been more then overindulging in all my SA food cravings. Anything sweet doesn't stand a chance around me!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been feeling a tiny bit nauseous for the past 2 days, but nothing too bad.
Have you started to show yet: OH yes!
Labour Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still far in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Ecstatic
Looking forward to: Buying my maternity pillow when I get back to New York, and painting the new apartment.

5 comments:

  1. Crazy! A lot really has happened. You look great!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you certainly did have an amazing year! And your belly is looking cuter than ever :)

    We were also in Cape Town until yesterday when we flew back in the evening, would have been awesome if we could have met up! Next time :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) so sweet

    ah so you're flying now.. that must be a looooong flight.. i hope it's a fun one! as in peaceful and quiet.. i always get stuck with loud people or crying infants. the worst was when i was stuck a few rows in front of a very foul smelling cat. sooooo miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) so sweet

    ah so you're flying now.. that must be a looooong flight.. i hope it's a fun one! as in peaceful and quiet.. i always get stuck with loud people or crying infants. the worst was when i was stuck a few rows in front of a very foul smelling cat. sooooo miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have an amazing 2012...and no doubt it will be with a gorgeous little girl on the way!
    Look forward to another year of your fantastic blog too!
    x

    ReplyDelete