13 May 2012

My very first Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
This one was a very special one. Not only was it my very first one as a brand new mom, but we got to spend it with my own mom too who is here all the way from South Africa.

People freak out about leaving the house with a newborn and I don't know why. Sure, it may not be as easy to juggle diaper changes and feedings out in public but staying inside your house for weeks on end can get pretty claustrophobic. Perhaps I've just been blessed with a very well behaved baby, but so far (at only 2 and a half weeks) we've visited a craft store, gone grocery shopping, eaten out at a restaurant and our biggest adventure so far... A Mother's Day garden party at The New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx.


How did you spend your Mother's Day?

11 comments:

  1. Look at your wee munchkin out and about...how adorable.

    Happy 1st Mother's Day.

    I went to Goblin's Cove in Muldersdrift with my man and my two wee lassies. It was a beautiful and relaxed afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so adorable! I'm so glad you were able to spend Mother's Day with your Mom - I bet it meant so much to her that she could spend it with you and her new granddaughter as well :)

    Glad to have you back!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! It's nice to see you've already had some mini adventures. Happy Mother's Day!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! She's so beautiful!! :) Happy Mothers Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to go there! Zoey looks precious. Happy late Mother's Day to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww soo sweet! She is so tiny! Happy first bilated mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures!! Happy Mothers day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Mother's Day!! Wow you little bubba has finally arrived, Zoey is gorgeous!!! So lovely that you could spend Mother's Day with your mum as well.... three generations of gals. Life is great.... I can see your enjoying every moment of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby is a beauty:) Glad you had a great mother's day! Mine was Very eventful

    ReplyDelete
  10. So special!!!! I'm bursting with happiness for you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooo sweet! happy first mothers day to you, i had my fist as well. so special

    ReplyDelete