18 July 2012

From Kate's Kitchen: Yogurt marinaded chicken breasts with Quinoa Tabouli



Yogurt Marinaded Chicken Breasts with Quinoa Tabouli

Lets face it, its been almost 3 months since I gave birth and its time to start shedding those pregnancy pounds (and hopefully some other ones too!) This recipe is not only healthy, but oh so delicious!

You will need:

2 chicken breasts (cut in half and pounded)
2 tbsp olive oil
8oz yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ginger
pinch cumin
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp chopped jalapeno
1/2 tsp salt



Combine all the ingredients in a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and squish everything around so that the ingredients mix together and the chicken gets evenly coated.


Place your Ziplock bag in the fridge and let it marinade overnight (or you can prepare this in the morning and cook it at dinner).


I love the smokey flavor you get from grilling so I grilled my chicken breasts. They should not take very long to cook at all since they were pounded thinly.


While your husband is outside grilling the chicken breasts, you can put together the quinoa dish.

You will need:



1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup kale
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup mint
1/4 cup scallions
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup tomatoes
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper


This is another very simple recipe. Chop up your tomato, kale, scallions and herbs and simple combine all the ingredients in a bowl.


I love how very simple and quick this dish is. Quinoa is my latest obsession and I'm dying to try out some other recipes using this Peruvian grain.


1 comment:

  1. Oh holy yum Kate, this looks delicious and very nutritious! I am def going to have to try this out, I love easy dinners! I am loving quinoa as well, it's so good! Yay for the supergrain! :)

    ReplyDelete