10 August 2011

Christmas gifts in August

I've heard of Christmas in July, but apparently we celebrate it in August too!  Santa (a.k.a hubbylicious) was running a little late with the gift giving this last year as he had something very specific in mind and after 8 months I can say it was worth the wait.

So, what was the gift? You may ask. 
Tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Zarkana at Radio City Music Hall.

First, we headed into the city and searched for a place to eat.
Right near Radio City, we found a great pub called Heartland Brewery where we had lunch (Chicken Caesar Salad for me and Smothered Steak for Mike) and tried out their unique freshly brewed beer.
Everything was just scrumptious and if you are ever catching at show at Radio City, I highly recommend stopping by Heartland Brewery to fill your belly.

We have started a little tradition of collecting coasters from places we share special meals together and writing the date and occasion on the back.


This was the first time visiting Radio City Music Hall for the both of us and to step into the largest indoor theatre in the world was just breathtaking. Thinking of the rich history of this venue as we strolled around with our souvenir popcorn bucket was absolutely fascinating. 


After hubby caught a flying lady who had tripped down the stairs and we settled into our seats overlooking the 144ft wide stage, we were definitely ready to be amazed.

Do you remember that scene from 'Knocked Up' where Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen get high and watched Cirque du Soleil in Vegas? Well let me tell you, they needn't have bothered with the shrooms, because the show is pretty trippy all on its own. We're talking; singing walls, aliens on bouncing balls, giant snake ladies and a spider with leaping bugs in it's web. Not to mention almost going into cardiac arrest watching a 2 person 'wheel of death' act and a man-on a chair-on a board-balanced on the shoulders of 2 other men balancing on a high wire. Phew!

By the end of the night you have pretty much surrendered all laws of physics and probability and given in to the crazy world of Cirque du Soleil.





10 comments:

  1. I've seen Cirque's- Delirium. Awesome! I would love to see this one though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's early :-) must be lovely :-)

    have you seen my new post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collecting coasters is the cutest idea, I'm going to have to start doing that. Looks like a great time xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. how amazing of a show! the cirque comes to down every few years hear and their tent is HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo I've always wanted to see that!

    hmm.. I want Christmas in August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow loveee that! how fun! You should check out my giveaway I'm having on my blog to win a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow compact :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That drink looks gorgeous and the show amazingly cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my ... what a RAD gift {well worth the wait I would say :)} ... I saw Cirque's LOVE in Vegas, it was amazing!

    Adore that coaster idea ... what a sweet way to remember special places you have been together!

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loveeeeeeeeee nyc and now i am missing it bad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great.... Your images are really awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete