This recipe really brings back memories.
Chocolate Crunchies is one of my mom's specialties and she would always bake them for Church, School bake sales, birthday parties and family gatherings.
I love to bake, but unfortunately my hubby is not much of a "cake kinda guy" (total weirdo, I know!) so I usually end up eating the whole thing myself. NOT good for the waste line!
I then remembered these little bites of heaven and thought Id give them a try.
Mike LOVED them. Success! So go get your aprons on and whip up these "brownies on crack", as the Hubby calls them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Rub in the butter until the mix is crumbly, but sticks together.
- Press mixture into greased baking tray using a fork. Make sure everything is pressed down.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20 - 30mins
- While it is baking, prepare the icing
- Remove crunchies from oven
- While it is still hot, pour on the icing and spread evenly
- Cut in squares (also while hot, otherwise it will be too hard)
- Leave to cool and allow icing to set
P.S. I TOTALLY FORGOT TO ADD THE 250ML SUGAR TO THE INGREDIENTS IN THE BEGINNING! MAKE SURE TO ADD IT.