19 April 2012

Recipe: Yummy Potato and Bacon Soup


I've been pretty lazy in the kitchen lately but with the possibility of eating way too many takeouts as soon as Baby arrives, I decided to get stuck in and try out a new recipe. And trust me, this Potato and Bacon Soup was more then worth getting off my 9 month pregnant butt to make!

  • Set oven to 375*F
  • Peel and roughly chop potatoes and onions
  • Place the garlic, potatoes and onions in a bowl and coat with oil and toss with enough paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
  • Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-45mins
  • After the vegetables have finished roasting, put the chicken stock in a large pot and bring to the boil.
  • Add the roasted vegetables to the liquid, cover with a lid, turn to the lowest heat setting and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
  • Blend the mixture until smooth with an immersion blender (if you have one) or in batches using your blender.
  • chop the bacon into small bits and fry until crispy
  • mix the bacon into the soup
  • Pour soup into serving bowls, sprinkle on cheddar cheese and add a teaspoon of sour cream on top.
  • Stir the cheese and sour cream into the soup before eating

ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. You sound like Gordon Ramsay <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, might just give it a try as Im always looking for new ideas for what to make for dinner. I have used a photo of the african onsies and linked to ur shop. I hope u dont mind (I know I should have asked first....), pls let me know if u want me to take it of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicous! I'm going to have to try it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you rock! Sounds deee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete