11 April 2012

Whats in your (hospital) bag


All of the pregnancy books advise you to start packing your hospital bag at least a month before your due date, but I've finally got around to it with just less then 2 weeks left.
I thought I would share with you what made it into my bag.


  • sweatpants/ hoodie and tank tops I'm not a robe kind of person so I figured sweat pants and tank tops are my most comfortable option. The tank tops seem easy enough to be able to breast feed in.
  • underwear I've packed at least 5 pairs (for obvious reasons)
  • nursing bra
  • socks I don't own slippers (I know, I'm weird) So I figured I would make do with socks.
  • flip flops (also instead of slippers)
  • boxers and socks for hubby
  • pillow I've heard that sometimes the hospital pillows can be flat, this will probably also come in handy while I'm having contractions in the car on the way to the hospital
  • toiletries: toothbrush & paste; hair brush; travel size shampoo, conditioner & soap; spare contacts, eye drops, lip balm, cream, makeup.
  • outfits for baby We picked out the zebra outfit for her "going home outfit" but I've also packed a lighter bodysuit in case the weather is really warm that day.
  • cap, socks, mittens
  • receiving blankets
  • baby book (for foot and hand prints and just in case I have time to jot down a few things)
  • camera & charger
  • cell phone, charger, phone card for international calls and a list of phone numbers

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got it all covered, I can't believe she will be here so soon! Whenever I feel like I haven't seen one of your posts pop up in awhile I always wonder if she's arrived - so exciting!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek you must be so excited. I can't wait to pack my bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy a cheapsie pillow case for your pillow, or an inexpensive pillow from Target with a cheap pillow case. For one, hospitals are yucky, germy places no matter how you slice it, even L&D units! You want something you can just toss. I'm sure you could technically wash it (I mean, I come home in my work clothes but I also work in that crud all the time, so my immune system is used to it.) Two, you don't want it to get messy and ruin your pillow case that goes with your nice bedding if something gets on it accidentally.

    We are so close!! I wish you could predict when baby arrives. I'm looking forward to her birth being announced on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're so close now... how exciting! Love the little outfits you have picked out. I'm so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see the posts of when Baby A gets here. :) How did you update the look of the blog? It looks great. I would love to update mine a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is so exciting. Cannot wait to meet the little minchkin. That zebra outfit is adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!! And really looking forward to seeing the birth announcement up here...along with the revelation of her name! You look super organised, and ready to go. Love the zebra outfit...it is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're set! And good idea to pack for hubby too. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so organized! I can feel the bubbles of excitement rising! I can't believe it's so close now! :)
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete