All of the pregnancy books advise you to start packing your hospital bag at least a month before your due date, but I've finally got around to it with just less then 2 weeks left.
I thought I would share with you what made it into my bag.
- sweatpants/ hoodie and tank tops I'm not a robe kind of person so I figured sweat pants and tank tops are my most comfortable option. The tank tops seem easy enough to be able to breast feed in.
- underwear I've packed at least 5 pairs (for obvious reasons)
- nursing bra
- socks I don't own slippers (I know, I'm weird) So I figured I would make do with socks.
- flip flops (also instead of slippers)
- boxers and socks for hubby
- pillow I've heard that sometimes the hospital pillows can be flat, this will probably also come in handy while I'm having contractions in the car on the way to the hospital
- toiletries: toothbrush & paste; hair brush; travel size shampoo, conditioner & soap; spare contacts, eye drops, lip balm, cream, makeup.
- outfits for baby We picked out the zebra outfit for her "going home outfit" but I've also packed a lighter bodysuit in case the weather is really warm that day.
- cap, socks, mittens
- receiving blankets
- baby book (for foot and hand prints and just in case I have time to jot down a few things)
- camera & charger
- cell phone, charger, phone card for international calls and a list of phone numbers