For a couple of weeks now the last 2 bananas in my fruit bowl have been gearing up for this occasion, turning browner and browner and in turn, sweeter and sweeter. Until finally it was time for some baking in the Alvarez household.
2 large bananas, extremely ripe
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray muffin pan. (I got 8 muffins out of the batter)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- In another bowl mash the bananas until they are a liquid consistency. Add milk, vanilla & agave nectar.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add blueberries and mix. You may need to add more milk or whole wheat flour depending on the consistency.
- Fill your muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and bake for 25-35 mins.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!