2 June 2011

Friendship


Traveling is great.
Making friends from all around the world is amazing.
But what happens when its time to say goodbye?

This happens to me a lot! Ive had to say goodbye to some of my best friends only to move to another place, meet more great people and then have to do it all over again. Yesterday was one of those days.

Most of my friends in the US are Au Pairs (since I used to be one myself). A year or 2 pass by and before you know it, your best friend is squeezing the last souvenir into their luggage, handing out all the winter coats and shoes that couldn't quite fit into their bag and heading off to JFK. Ive been through this routine countless times. But yesterday was one of the hardest goodbyes I've had to say.

Jen, you were more then a friend. You were a sister to me. Living in a foreign country far away from home, we became each others family. You brought out the best in me and were always there whenever I needed you. Whether it was bbqing, celebrating
American holidays, road trips, camping, geocashing or planning my wedding in Trader Joe's parking lot, we had some incredible adventures and you have given me the best memories of my life. I will miss you everyday. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. awww, i hate goodbyes :( but what you wrote to your friend is so sweet.

    i can't imagine living in another country.. i think i would do it if the opportunity came up, but i would definitely be super homesick. going to college 350 miles away was good enough for me hehe it is great to make friends like that though, i'm sure it makes living so faraway from home a lot easier. the good thing about friends is that there are always more to meet.. and of course you never stop being friends with all the ones you've already made :)

    ReplyDelete