I am a huge meat lover and sadly enough, just not a fan of many, MANY vegetables. So I am joining in with Meatless Mondays to start my week off on a more healthier note and hopfully discover and learn to enjoy a bigger variety of vegetables and meat alternatives.
This weeks recipe is probably not the most healthiest of dinners, but we had a huge bag of potatoes that had begun sprouting and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to use them up.
Kate's make-up-as-you-go-along Potato Bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray an oven-proof dish with non-stick spray.
2. Peel and slice 6 large potatoes and boil in salted water until they are softened (but not soft enough to mash)
3. While the potoatoes are boiling slice and saute 3 small onions in 1 Tbsp butter until they start to turn goldern. (this should take about 10min)
4. Add 100ml milk to the onions along with 1Tbsp grain mustard, 1tsp mustard powder, 1/2tsp crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder, salt and pepper (to taste)
5. Heat milk mixture till almost boiling.
6. Drain potatoes and layer with onion mixture and chesse (I just guess-timated the amount of chedder I used) ending with a thin layer of cheese ontop.
7. Bake in the oven until cheese forms a goldern-brown layer (aprox. 30mins)
8. Enjoy! Serves 4 with a crunchy side salad. (This potato bake would also be perfect as a side dish at a BBQ)